2012 CBIZ Softball
Saturday, June 16, 2012
Division I - Nike Fields (Parma)
Division V - Nike Fields (Parma)
Sunday, June 17, 2012
Independent Division - Nike Fields (Parma)
Saturday, June 23, 2012
Division IV - Nike Fields (Parma)
Division VI - Nike Fields (Parma)
Sunday, June 24, 2012
Division II - Nike Fields (Parma)
Division III - State Road/Veteran Fields(Parma)
Rain out make up date: Sunday, July 15th**
**If either single day of the tournament is cancelled due to weather conditions and moved to the make up date, a modified single elmination tournament may be implemented. If multiple days of the tournament are cancelled due to weather, there will be NO make up date.
Parma Nike Softball Fields
11828 W. Pleasant Valley Road
Parma, OH 44130
State Road Park
Corner of State Road and Loya Parkway
Click below to see your bracket!
Deadline for Independent Entries
Wednesday, June 6, 2012
Five (5) Inning Games, Double Elimination
Ten (10) Players Per Team (5 Male & 5 Females)
- A total of 10 players can be on the field for the defensive team at one time (5 males and 5 females). You must play with a minumum of 4 males and 4 females. You must always play with the same number of males and females
- There are no restrictions regarding positions of players in the field.
- You must play with a minimum of 4 males and 4 females. You must always play with the same number of males and females.
- A total of 10 players can be in the batting order (same players that are playing the field) (5 males and 5 females). You may play with 4 males and 4 females (same players that are playing the field). You must always play with the same number of males and females.
- If you start a game with 10 players, you must continue with 10 players in your batting order. If your team is reduced to 8 during the game, you can continue to play the field, but the two players leaving the batting order will be considered out.
- If you start the game with 8 players, you can add the two additional players anytime during the game.
- Re-Entry Rule - Players may substitute during the game for the same player in the batting order. There is a one re-entry rule that will be enforced. (Ex. Player A comes in for Player B, Player B can only come back in the game for Player A. Once Player B comes out of the game for the second time, he/she cannot re-enter the game)
- Each team will pitch to their own team. The batter will receive three pitches and must hit one of those pitches or will be declared out.
- The pitcher is not in the batting lineup, unless they also play a defensive position.
- The batting orders must alternate male and female.
- There will be no designated hitters.
- The ball used for competition will be supplied.
- Base runners must give up or slide. If a runner tries to "run over" the fielding player, the base runner will be ejected from the game.
- In case of inclement weather, the game may be modified to a one pitch tournament and/or single elimination.
- If a team is leading by 10 or more runs after 3 full innings of play, the game will be over.
- If a team is late, they will be given exactly 10 minutes before the game is forfeited.
- A courtesy runner can be used but must be the same sex as current runner. Any player, whether in the game or not, can courtesy run. Limit is 1 total per inning.
- If the ball strikes the pitcher, the batter is out.
- NO METAL CLEATS.
- New in 2012! Legal Bats - Only USSSA approved bats will be allowed.
- Only 3 Home Runs allowed per game at State Road Park. Every Home Run after 3 will be counted as an out.
A special thanks to the Parma Recreation Department!