2012 Ohio Savings Bank Sand Volleyball
Saturday, July 28, 2012
Division 4 and Division 5 - Battery Park
Division 1 and Division 6 - Whiskey Island
Sunday, July 29, 2012
Division 3 - Battery Park
Division 2 and Independent - Whiskey Island
Whiskey Island Marina
2800 Whiskey Island
Cleveland, OH 44102
Battery Park Sand Volleyball Courts
7524 Father Frascati Ave.
Cleveland, OH 44102
Click below to see your bracket!
Deadline for Independent Entries
Wednesday, July 18, 2012
Click Here to View Corporate Challenge Practice Times (Battery Park)
Email email@example.com to schedule times!
The match winner will be determined by winning the best 2 out of 3 games. The first two games of the match will be played to 21 using rally scoring. If a match goes to a third game, that game will be played to 15 using rally scoring. All games are WIN BY 2 with a 25 points cap (first 2 games) and 19 point cap (3rd game).
Six (6) Players Per Team (3 Males & 3 Females) - NO EXCEPTIONS
1. The positioning of the players shall be alternating male and female.
2. Under no circumstances may a team play with less than 6 players on the court.
3. Unlimited substitutions may be made (male for male, female for female) only at the server position. Players must make a FULL ROTATION prior to subbing out. Injured players may sub out from any position.
4. If there are not six players at the scheduled start of the match, the first game will be a forfeit. There is a 10-minute limit to start the second game. If 6 players are not present at the end of the 10 minute period, the second game and the match will be a forfeit.
5. Teams must switch sides for each game.
6. Service may be made anywhere along the end line.
7. The server should call the score with each service.
8. When a ball is played more than twice by a team, a female player must make at least one of the contacts.
9. The ball must be clearly seen in the hands of the server and be clearly hit for service.
10. The ball may contact any part of the body on or above the waist providing such contact is simultaneous and the ball rebounds immediately.
11. Scooping, lifting, pushing, or allowing the ball to roll on the body will be considered a held ball and illegal.
12. Two time-outs per game will be allowed for 20-seconds each.
13. Blocking can only be done by front row players. Attacking the ball in front of the 10-foot line can only be done by front row players.
14. The receiving team on a serve cannot attack the serve. The first hit by the receiving team shall be a bump or set.
15. Only the team captain may address the officials.
16. To help ensure player safety, blatant interference by a player (in the judgement of the official) with an opposing player who is in the progress of playing the ball, shall be declared a fault and a sideout or point will be awarded.
17. Misconduct shall result in: first infraction-team warning; second infraction-point or sideout; third infraction-forfeit of game.
18. All decisions of the official are final.
19. Consolation game (3rd & 4th place) and championship games will be best 2 out of 3..