2012 DDR Touch Football
Saturday, July 14. 2012
Brookside Park - Upper
3900 John Nagy Blvd.
Cleveland, OH 44114
Click below to see your bracket!
Deadline for Independent Entries
Wednesday, June 27, 2012
Game length: 24 minutes / 2 - 12 minute halves (Clock stops last minute of game)
Five (5) Players Per Team (3 Males & 2 Females or 2 Males & 3 Females)
- SCORING: TD = Men: 6 pts / Extra Point = 1 point (5 yards) or 2 points (10 yards), Safety = 2 points. Women: 9 pts / Extra Point = 1 point (5 yards) or 2 points (10 yards), Safety = 2 points
- CONTACT IS PROHIBITED
- All Players on Offense may run the ball, except the QB (Except in the “NO-RUN ZONES”)
- The “NO-RUN ZONES” are located 5 yards from the goal line & the mid-field 1st down line.
- NO LATERALS ALLOWED!
- All players are eligible to receive passes
- Every 3rd play a female must touch the ball wither by throwing or receiving.
- Defense may rush from the rush line every play (7 yards off ball)
- There is no 7-second count to pass the ball
- All drives & changes of possession (except interceptions) start at the 5 yd line
- Offense has 3 plays to cross the mid-field line or score a touchdown
- Penalties =Offensive Penalties–Loss of down & yardage; Defensive Penalties–Automatic 1st down
- Any ball that hits the ground will be ruled dead. Fumbles or Muffs are dead at spot
- Ball must be snapped between legs, not off to one side to start play
- It is highly recommended that all players wear a protective mouthpiece, available on-site for a small fee
- Flagrant fouls are not tolerated. Player(s) will be ejected from the tournament
- Interceptions may be returned
- One (1) timeout per game
- Overtime - 1 play team with the most yards wins.
- Roughing the QB also includes striking the arm when the defense tries to block the pass
- Defensive players have to be one yard off the ball at the snap
- No stiff arming allowed
- Center snap – If ball hits ground, ball dead at spot
- If player falls down, or if knee touches ground, ball is dead at spot –player may not get up and run
- Teams will switch ends at half time
- Footballs will be provided..
- Cleats are allowed but must be rubber. No metal baseball spikes allowed.
Rules and competition refereed and governed by the United States Flag & Touch Football League.