2012 Kaiser Permanente 3 v 3 Basketball Tournament
Monday, July 23, 2012
Tuesday, July 24, 2012
Wednesday, July 25, 2012
Thursday, July 26, 2012
Ohio Nets Sports Complex
12665 Corporate Dr.
Click below to see your bracket!
Deadline for Independent Entries
Wednesday, July 11, 2012
Three (3) Players Per Team (1 male & 2 females or 2 males & 1 female)
- This is a double elimination tournament.
- A coin toss determines the first possession.
- Games will be to 13 points, win by two with a 17 point cap. A basket is worth 1 point. There is no time limit
- A successful basket from behind the "3 point line" is worth 2 points. The "take back" line is outside of the 2 pt. line above the foul line. Both of the shooter's feet must be clearly behind the line.
- After a score, the ball must change possession, be taken out beyond the 2-point line and above the foul line, and be "checked" by the defense before play begins.
- The ball must be taken back on every change of possession. Failure to take the ball back will result in a loss of possession.
- After all fouls or out of bounds occurrences, the ball will be taken out at the "take back " line.
- After a score, foul, or out of bounds, the ball must be passed from the person taking it out, to one of his/her other team members, to begin play again.
- No dunking allowed. Observed dunking on any basket at any time may result in dismissal from the tournament.
- Each team is allowed two 45 second time-outs.
- No stalling allowed. An unwritten 30-second shot clock is in effect at all times, and may be enforced by the official. Failure to attempt a shot and hit the rim within 30 seconds, after being advised by the official will result in the loss of possession.
- Jump balls go to the defense.
- The monitor will count and record all team fouls on the score sheet. Beginning with the 6th team foul, the player fouled will be awarded 1 free throw. For the first 5 fouls, the ball will be taken back by the fouled team. After the free throw, the ball changes possession. Beginning with the 9th foul, the player is awarded one free throw and possession of the ball.
- Flagrant fouls or continuous misconduct may result in an immediate ejection. If the monitor or official rules a flagrant foul, the player fouled will shoot one free throw and retain possession. Two flagrant fouls will result in an automatic ejection. Anyone involved in fighting, for any reason, will be ejected.
- Each team is allowed 8 players on their roster
- There must be one person of each sex on the court at all times.
- All games will have a certified official.
- 3 second rules applies